SFPC: Day 65 - Moving Day
Tuesday. Moving day. Mattia and I rented a Uhaul and went to IKEA, Jersey City, and all over Manhattan and Brooklyn. I now have a bed with sheets in an apartment with central air and a washer and dryer. Life’s good, y’all. Lots of pictures from today.
- Woke up at Caity’s in Clinton Hill.
Waiting for the train.
- Walked to 832 Hicks St. in Red Hook. New place.
- Checked out cool, weird resale shops with Mattia.
- Rented UHaul with Mattia.
- Went to IKEA. Bought sheets and hangers and pillows.
- Bought groceries at massive, wondrous grocery store Fairway Market, in Red Hook.
Behind the Fairway patio
- Then through the Carey tunnel that goes from Red Hook to Lower Manhattan. Cost a cool $16 for our van to get through.
- At SFPC.
Dying roses in the donation jar
Took down my piece. Assisted classmate Dan Gorelick with shooting video of his project. Moved stuff out of SFPC.
- Went to Chelsea and Mattia went up to an apartment and came back with armfuls of keyboards and silverware.
- Then to Jersey City where we picked up a queen size mattress.
- Then to my apartment to grab my stuff. They’d recently fixed the broken sink but now the water was green. So glad to be out of there.
- Then to Prospect Lefferts area in BK to pick up a dining table(actually a picnic table but it’s quite nice and we are artists, so we’re allowed to bend the rules).
- And finally, home. I was exhausted. Mattia may keep the van through tomorrow and go pick up a couch and anything else. I ate some cheese and tomatoes on bread and went to bed. I gave my mom a call and sent her all the photos from the day.
Cinnamon bun from IKEA. Coffee too.
Two IKEA hot dogs and a bottle of water.
A prosciutto and mozza sandwich.